Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Counter Productive

Am I the only one that has to have a clean counter space before I make a mess cooking? 

I know it seems pretty counter productive, right? I was watching this video below this morning that I made last summer because I am sharing it in a Healthy Summer Hacks Facebook event I am hosting for some of my friends. The event runs today, June 18-25th. So if you're reading this and would like to be added, please let me know! I am sharing lots of healthy eating tips and recipes that are saving the day this summer.




As I was watching this video I had a thought and I knew I just had to share. How many times have we thought...

"I have to get my self together before I can come to Christ."
"I am not good enough, I need to be better before I am worthy."
"I can't go to church because I need to do better first."
"I am too dirty..."

The list of these lies the enemy is selling us could go on and on. And while they seem as counter productive as me cleaning my kitchen counter before I dirty it up right after, we still believe them. But here's the truth, friends...

The TRUTH is you don't have to do a thing. It's already been done for you. There is nothing we could do to make our Heavenly Father not love us or long for us. But I know what you're thinking...

"Bek, you don't know what I have done." And you're right, I don't. But you know who does? You know who knows everything you've ever done or thought? God. He knows it all. And he still loves you and wants you. This song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. 

"There's nothing too dirty
That you can't make worthy
You wash me in mercy
I am clean"



Because of Jesus we are made clean, friends. We are purified because of his blood that was shed. If you're ready to hand over all of those burdens that you're carrying He is so ready. He's waiting for you. All you have to do is walk in the room.

Thank you, Jesus.

If you'd like to read a bit of my testimony, it's here on the blog in this post. Actually, this entire blog is full of my story and how He saved me. I am so thankful I have been "washed in mercy."

No comments:

Post a Comment