Sunday, August 4, 2019

Rebeka's Costco Faves

Well, hello there, friends. This is a very different post than you'll usually see over here at Rebeka Does It, but this is something that is highly requested by many of my followers and friends. I am so excited to share my Costco favorites with you guys!

First, let me share why I adore Costco so much. 

You guys, I love it so much I will drive an hour one way at least once a week. That's love. Costco usually has great quality produce and they offer a lot of organic and non-GMO products. These things are important to me as a momma who is doing her best to feed her family well. We eat a diet rich in real food. That means less processed, chemicals, preservatives. And more fruits, vegetables, and food in their whole form. Because we live in a more rural area these things can be hard to come by. Which is why I drive so far to access places like Costco. I also have a 12 year old boy that eats all the food. I am pretty sure he has a hollow limb. Any other boy mom's out there? Ya'll know the struggle is so real.

We have been eating primarily real food for 7 years now and the benefits we've experienced are incredible. Less illness is probably the number one benefit. I grew up a very sick kid, which translated to a very sick adult struggling with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Complex Migraines. At one point I was on copious amounts of anti-seizure medicines because my migraines were out of control. That was rock bottom for me. I couldn't deal with the side-effects of the medicine, but I also couldn't function with the migraines which manifested with stroke mimicking symptoms. For example I would be in the grocery store with my kids and I would become disoriented, my hands would go numb, and my vision would be impaired. It was terrifying. Rock bottom. I have a background in fitness and knew how important it was to move our bodies. But I didn't quite grasp the importance of nutrition. I threw myself into the study of food. And our family started making small changes here and there. We started reading food labels and became aware of what we were putting in our bodies. We started eating a variety of nutrient dense produce in a capsule or chewable gummy, and drinking whole food shakes to bridge the gap between what we should be eating everyday and what we were actually getting.

Eventually, I was able to ween off of my medications, and I no longer suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Complex Migraines. And now, we only see our doctor for well visits when necessary. Our family has experienced FREEDOM through improved health.

And today, I am honored to help others find that same freedom our family found all those years ago.

And now that you know the why behind all of this, drumroll please!



My Costco Faves










Black Beans (canned)

Black Beans (dry)


Organic Eggs

Guacamole Singles

Hummus Singles

Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats

Organic All Purpose Flour

Organic Roasted Turkey Breast (deli meat)

Organic Short Grain Brown Rice

Organic Quinoa

Organic, Fair Trade Cacao Powder

Organic Apple Sauce (large jars)

Organic Pumpkin (canned)

Coconut Milk (canned)

Organic Whole Milk

Organic Almond Milk

Organic Plain Greek Yogurt

Organic Cheese Sticks

Organic Whole Chicken (fresh)

Organic Frozen Fruit: pineapple, mango, blueberries, strawberries, smoothie packets.

Stir Fry Vegetable Blend (frozen)

Organic Broccoli Packets (frozen)

Organic Edamame Packets (frozen)

Cauliflower Rice (frozen)

Some of these items are seasonal. But for the most part these are things you can access all year around at your local Costco. A lot of these are my fridge and pantry staples, and I always have them on hand. If you have any questions about any of the items listed above, please do not hesitate to ask me! There is a contact form on the home page of my blog or you can also message me on Instagram. 

I'd love to know if you found this list helpful!

What are some of your favorite Costco finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment